Sunday, December 23, 2007

Flourishing Waves

Here's a picture of my latest weaving project. This is an overshot pattern called Flourishing Waves. The throw is a gift for a friend of mine who finds inspiration in designer Betsey Johnson. I figured the black, grey and hot pink would be right up her alley. The colors are a little bit brighter in person than they appear here.
You can also get a partial shot of my Macomber loom, built in 1953. It's hard to believe that it's still cranking more than 50 years after it was originally built. Looms have a way of being passed from weaver to weaver over the years. There is something quite appealing about knowing generations of women have woven on what's now my loom. I hope my friend enjoys this little bit of woven history!

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Wow! That looks beautiful!!!

(I mailed out the tiles to your friend last Thursday)

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home