Monday, February 19, 2007

Small Miracles

So, the fire remediation service was responsible for cleaning the soot from every square inch of our house. Every horizontal and vertical surface from window blinds to the smallest knick knack was touched. Most of our stuff made it through the cleaning intact - most remarkably, my 150 pound floor loom. The cleaners managed to move the loom (with my latest project still on it!) from room to room twice, without breaking even a single warp thread.

I'm so relieved, as I'm stubbornly determined to finish weaving this smoky rug - it's currently 3/4 of the way completed - if only to have a souvenier of this crazy scary time. I'll post pictures of it once the contractors are done doing their thing and we can move back into the house - hopefully by the end of March.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Glad you're still hanging in there. And that the cleaners were able to rescue some of your stuff. I've been thinking of you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home