Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Reason to Consolidate Your Stash in One Room

So, the remediation service swears to me that they'll be able to get the smoke smell out of all of my yarn. In what was almost a comedy, the crew chief says - can you show me where you have yarn you'd like to have cleaned? I walked around the house room by room, pointing at baskets and drawers, felted bowls and plastic bins, until he stopped and said - is there a room you don't have yarn in? Um...actually, no. Oh, wait - the bathroom (and that's burnt).

So, hopefully my stash will be saved. We're in temporary housing for a month or so while cleaners, contractors, painters and the like tromp in and out of the house hopefully making things better (or at least cleaner) than they were before. THANK YOU to all of you who posted comments and/or sent emails to my last post. Your support is a beautiful lifeline.

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

If you should lose your stash, I know at least one knitter who'd be willing to share some of hers with you. Just let me know...

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, that would be my house too! Is there anywhere you don't have yarn??

Only the bathroom & the kids rooms. Oh wait, Hannah might have some.

Glad things are moving along with the house.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh God. I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner! At least you and the kitties are safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home