Friday, September 29, 2006

Overwhelmed

Whew - I've been a terrible blogger lately (and knitter, too, for that matter). It seems as though I've had a lot going on, none of which has left me with the time or emotional space for knitting.

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of adoption paperwork, of which I am happy to say is finally completed and sent off to our agency for critical review and translation. It feels like a big weight off of my shoulders to have this stage of the adoption finished at last.

The new kitties have come complete with their share of new kitten issues - training, grooming, vet visits, etc. They are cute, but also a lot of work!! Having three cats in the house has been a bit of an adjustment - it seems as though everywhere you look there's a little furry tail disappearing under something. Note to self - when choosing a kitten next time, choose white - black kitties collect dust something awful.

I did accomplish a FO this past week - a snowy white feather and fan baby blanket. Which would be more of an accomplishment if I'd actually finished the border I started to go with it. Somehow I calculated I needed 45 repeats of the border to go all the way around the blanket. All excited that I was almost through, I blocked it out when I got to 41 repeats, anxious to see how it looked. And then was promptly crushed that I'd mis-measured, and I really had at least 12-15 more repeats to go. Which couldn't happen, because the blanket was required for a blessing ceremony and my time to knit it was up. So, blanket was gifted sans border, and I have a hella stack of border for a future project...

So, that about sums up my lapse in posting time. Next on my knitting list is a cardigan for our future daughter. I'm also part way through warping a rag rug for a fellow adoptive mom's nursery. Hopefully, I'll have pictures of finished objects (or at least projects in progress) to post soon!

5 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Sounds like its been a hectic time for you. I hope everything goes through speedily, I know you can't wait to have your family all together. Bet the kitties are fun
amber in scotland

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Congratulations! YOu're one step closer to mommyhood! How exciting for you. =)

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there SP8: One step closer, how exciting! I am sending you positive energy & happy prayers...I may be headed down the same journey soon :) it is inspiring reading about your journey.
-Katie
http://katesknitting.typepad.com

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

You might be overwhelmed, but you sound so hopeful. Looking forward to hearing more of your adoption journey,
Li

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations on this big step. I'm right behind you, hoping to have my Vietnam dossier done in a few weeks. Can't wait until you get that all-important LID date. Yes, definitely start knitting for her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home