Thursday, September 07, 2006

Weaving Project #2

Finally, another WIP crossed off the list - draped across my birthday present to me (a loom!) is my second completed weaving project (I'm counting it as a FO even though I still have to knot off all the ends, bead and
twist the fringe, then wash and block it).

As a beginning weaver, I feel a little bit like I did when I learned to purl. You remember that moment, don't you? You're feeling all confident that you finally got the knit stitch down, and it's even looking like something you could be proud of, and then someone comes along and teaches you to purl and you're back to square one, cursing your rumpled, curling stockinette swatch. My weaving tension is a little wonky in parts and I had a couple of repairs to make when I took the runner off of the loom, but after almost 8 feet of weaving (and more hours of learning curve than I care to admit), I'm pleased with how my design came out.

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Wow that is fantastic!!!! Beautiful!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Qeltic said...

WOW! Pretty! Congrats!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Nic said...

That is beautiful. I've been wanting a loom but know so little... you know like how to weave. I will definitely have to pick your brain sometime on this!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger MadDog Knitting said...

Beautiful. Love the design, and your first woven piece; you must be so pleased.

THANKS also for being my Seceret Pal, I know I was a bit impatient...but It Was So Worth IT!

I am enjoying "getting" to know you now that I know who you are

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger chanceofbooks said...

This is amazing. I have always wanted to learn to weave. I imagine that it must take more time than knitting does per inch/foot, but I'm not sure.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger tocspaw said...

Surprisingly, it takes more time to warp the loom than it does to actually weave a project. Once you get going, weaving is much faster than knitting (at least for me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home