Friday, June 16, 2006

Thrice Blessed

Yesterday was a day filled with knitting abundance. Not one, not two, but three wonderful gifts graced my doorstep from my fiber friends inside the computer. Although no pictures to post at the moment (my camera phone is charging), I didn't want to wait another minute to properly thank all of my pals for their thoughtfulness.
  1. Knittyboard Secret Pal - My pal has been tremendous, sending me e-cards every week (sometimes more than one!). I hope she knows that her kind words, funny notes, and all of those goofy cards make me feel incredibly spoiled. To receive an actual package was just icing on the cake! Treasures inside the box included Elegance and Alpaca Cloud yarn from Knit Picks, both of which I've been wanting to try. Other goodies were yummy smelling candles, relaxing bath salts and a beautiful card. Lastly, a copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears. What a wonderful gift!

  2. A Blog Thing - I enjoy tinking with blog templates (any excuse to play with color and design). Some time back, I helped SP8 hostess Nicol out with her blog. Much to my surprise, she sent me a thank you - Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge and Knitting Over the Edge. She couldn't have known that earlier this week, I had to return my copies of these books to my local library, having renewed them the maximum number of times. I was just a day away from breaking out the wallet to buy my own. Nicol, your generous expression of gratitude deserves its own very sincere Thank You!!

  3. KRSP in NYC - Last but not least, my Knitters Review pal sent me a very special treasure - a copy of Wendy Knits. Not just any copy, but one signed by Wendy herself!! Mary, this is the perfect addition to my ever-growing knitting library!

I feel so blessed to have "met" such gracious, thoughtful people while sharing a hobby I love. What a lucky woman I am, indeed.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

Ohhh you've been thrice spoiled!! :-) Good for you!!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! Check you out with your spoilage! That's awesome! I'm so jealous you got an autographed copy of Wendy's book. If only she'd come just a tink further south I'd be able to get the same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home