Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I HAVE TEA!!!

My package arrived from my Knitters Tea Swap pal today. My pal
Lisa put together the most wonderful gift for me! Goodies included loose tea from her favorite tea shop, cinnamon cookies, and sour ball candy (which have already been consumed - ask my hubby where most of them went). Last but not least was gorgeous yarn in beautiful shades of green. I can't wait to settle in with a good book and a cup of my super special tea. Thanks so much to my tea swap pal for such a terrific package!

In other news, as promised....pics below are of skeins f
rom my first dye session ever...my camera phone doesn't reproduce colors well, so immerse yourself in their colorway names instead: "Merlot Sky" and "Misty Dune". I enjoyed dyeing so much I've already stocked up on more yarn to give it another go. I'm hoping with a bit of practice I'll be able to tangibly reproduce what I can only visualize at this point....


9 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The yarn looks great!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you liked everything! I love those candies. Let me know what you think of the tea.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh! Very pretty! It's about damn time you started dyeing ;)

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the package! I can't wait to try the tea and the cookies. The hand-dyed yarn that you sent me is wonderful! I just need to decide what to make with it. Congratulations on your little girl from China. I hope you get her soon!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Julsey said...

Merlot Sky is beautiful in real life! Thank you so much DOR Pal!!!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Beautiful yarn!!!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Nicole Carina said...

A knitters tea swap sounds great, how could I sign up?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger tocspaw said...

Check out http://knittersteaswap.blogspot.com/. It looks like she'll be doing another round in September. I'll be signing up again - I really enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home