Wednesday, April 05, 2006

punkrawker86

Last week, a friend in my online knitting community passed away suddenly. There were no warning signs, no indicators, no flashing lights to let me know that our last email exchange would be the last we'd ever have. I didn't find out until a few days after she died. Her mother requested that condolences be sent via email rather than snail mail as a kind of tribute to and from all the knitting friends who's lives she had touched across the web.

It was difficult to put words to what I was feeling in an email. What do you say to a mother that has just lost her child at a very young age? What mere words would adequately convey to her that her daughter had worth in this life, that she was loved? In the end, I penned a few heartfelt phrases expressing gratitude and loss and hit the Send button. Does it really matter what you say if you can't bring her back?

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Goodness, what a sad thing! A big hug to you!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my, what do you say?

I am so sorry.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Nic said...

It is touching that her family understood how much happiness the cyber community gave her. I am sorry for everyone's loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home