Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Let Them Eat...

My sister in law makes the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted. Never mind that she says most of it comes from a box. Secret ingredients aside, the stuff's sinful. And years ago, I asked her to bake me one when we finally got pregnant to commemorate the occasion.

We traveled to visit my family this last week. On our agenda for the visit - telling everyone of our adoption plans. We've been keeping it a secret until we could spill the beans in person. So, imagine my surprise and confusion when we walked into my brother's home and spotted a coveted chocolate cake sitting on the counter. I looked at my sister in law, she looked at me, and I knew that somehow she just knew we'd made a decision. Not a word needed to be spoken as we held each other and cried. I don't know who's luckier - my brother - or me.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice when someone knows you so well they just "know". I'm glad you have such people in your family.

I have put together a very special package for you, and hope to get it out to you early next week. I've been thinking of you. I hope you don't think I've forgotten!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Heather said...

that is the sweetest thing. how wonderful to have a relationship like that with her. envious.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Heather said...

That is just so wonderful. And what I think is great is that you and your sister-in-law are so close. So often that can go the other way.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. My cousin and her husband adopted from China last year. Her name is Lily and she is beautiful! She has been with us for 8 months and she turned one in November! This will be a hard experience for you, but well worth it in the long run!

Good Luck!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your package went out yesterday
It's making it's way from far away
a tiny hint of my identity
if you've a mind to search for me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home