Friday, January 27, 2006

Progress (or Lack Thereof)

I started my first sweater this past weekend. Well, I should clarify that...while in the car on the way down to Prescott listening to Death Cab for Cutie I swatched for my first sweater. Of course, I forgot to bring my gauge tool or a ruler with me, so it had to wait until we returned home for me to see if it measured on target. Good thing, because I might have thrown it out the car window if I'd measured it on the way home.

Not. Even. Close. So, I decided it would be a good idea to rip out the swatch and retry (What was I thinking? Ah, yes - that it would be "smart" to save extremely kinked up yarn to re-swatch with...), using larger needles. What didn't occur to me until after my fit of frustrated frogging, is that I probably had it right the first swatch, if I'd only washed and blocked it. On the second swatching attempt using the next needle size up, not only was the gauge still not right, the texture of the fabric wasn't right either.

So, it's back to the swatching board for me. How come swatches don't come with an undo/redo button??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home