Friday, December 16, 2005

TGIF

Somewhere in between the holiday decorations in the mall and the sale advertisements and catalogs in the ever-teetering mail pile I let Christmas sneak up on me. Oh, it's been coming. In fact, it's been coming all year. But suddenly, it's HERE. Since I have to ship almost all of my family's Christmas gifts (and I don't want to pay more in postage than I spent on gifts), I have to shop early to get gifts into the post on time. Now, I know that some folks shop in January for the following year's holiday. But for me, early qualifies as anything purchased prior to Christmas Eve day at 4:00 p.m.

This predicament is not a new thing for me - I have to ship gifts every year. But somehow this Monday it struck me like lightning - if I don't shop/wrap/mail this week - the gifts might not be on time. And telling my nephew that Auntie was too lazy to come through in a timely manner just won't fly. So amongst all the other things I scheduled this week (because it never occurred to me that oh, yeah, my entire shopping list is needing to get done by TODAY), I frantically pounded it out. Thankfully, although my physical shell of a being had not moved past thinking about buying gifts to actually acquiring them, my brain had at least been considering what to buy. After a few minor crises (out of stock items/colors/do you think they'll like its?) the perfect gift was found for each person on my list, wrapped, and shipped out this afternoon. Tonight - I'll raise a glass of wine at Cyclo in celebration of completing all of my holiday shopping on time. Now if that Christmas tree would just decorate itself.....

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Heather said...

My favourite thing this year is the new "flat rate" shipping PRIORITY MAIL BOXES! you have to ask for them, but you can stuff them and mail them for 1 price. it helped us alot with all our gifts to mail. hopefully it will all arrive before christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home