Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Branching Out Completed!

Finding a good place to block a finished object is always a challenge. Of course, in an effort to make sure my Branching Out scarf was long enough, I did a couple of extra repeats. Well, maybe more than a couple - consciously ignoring the fact that the darn thing would block out to be significantly longer. (Note to self - 35 repeats / 8 blocked feet is LONG ENOUGH) The only place with enough space I could shut off from my ever present feline friend is my guest bedroom. My cat has a fit any time he can't see where I am, so when I shut the door to block my scarf, he went into little angry hysterics, convinced that a mere moment alone would just kill him.

So, there I am trying to block my first real lace project while listening to an especially emotional kitty symphony. As fast as I could while in OCD mode, I pinned and re-pinned in an ultimately unsuccesful attempt at making the center line exactly straight - all the while trying to avoid the paws that kept poking under the door desperate to get in. Nonetheless, it's done, it's drying, and I'm moving on. And Toc will be glad to hear that the next project on the needles is socks - no blocking required.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Branching Out. How many times can you wrap it?
Your SP6

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger tocspaw said...

Unfortunately, since the scarf is pale pink and I blocked it on a white towel, the picture is very difficult to see. I blocked a pretty scalloped edge all the way around. If I wrap it around my neck twice, it still hangs down past my waist (admittedly, I'm not the tallest gal, but still!)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love the detail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home