Friday, September 16, 2005

Are the Chairs Comfy?

My husband is a trooper. We just got back from a vacation trip to the Pacific Northwest and he cheerfully agreed to visit almost all of the yarn stores on my list. And the ones we didn't hit were because we ran out of time, not because he ran out of tolerance. He trailed after me as we browsed through three stores in Seattle, calmly waited reading knitting books in a great shop in Kent, tiptoed with me through a very odd store in Tacoma, sipped his coffee through a terrific store in Portland, and encouraged me to go back and buy that expensive scarf kit in a Victorian house in Eugene. He watched patiently as I endlessly compared yarns and answered sincerely when I asked for his opinions on colors for the millionth time. One of the measures of being a truly lucky woman - a husband who's reponse when told of another yarn store is to merely smile, haul out the map to navigate our way there, and ask...."Are the chairs comfy?"

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't we so lucky? I've got a husband like that too. In fact, not to brag but he's in Argentina right now and the first thing he asked me was if there was any yarn he could bring me.

Sounds like a great trip! I love visiting out of town yarn stores.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger nann said...

What was the Tacoma store? Love how you've customized your blog template--very autumnal!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger tocspaw said...

The Tacoma store was Lamb's Ear Farm. The store, which was in a little house, had a variety of stock, but was poorly lit. Also, the one staff member on duty at the time we were there acted like he couldn't wait for us to leave. We didn't feel comfortable browsing, so we didn't stay long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home