Saturday, September 03, 2005





How Come It's Not Getting Any Longer?

Every knitter has that project...you know the one...it seems like you knit and knit and knit and there just doesn't seem to be any significant progress. On my needles right now is the
Opera Scarf from Blue Sky Alpacas. The alpaca & silk yarn is so soft and has the most beautiful sheen to it. And, the gals at Summer of Lace inspired me to try adding beads to my knitting, so I've jazzed it up with some delica beads.

I like how it's turning out, but between counting rows and counting s
titches to make sure my seemingly random pattern of beads stays exactly that random, this scarf is taking a very long time to complete. The pictures don't show the beads well - the finished product is wonderfully glimmery (is that a word?). It's a gift, so I hope ***** will love it!


1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

The scarf looks beautiful so far. I know what you mean by our knits seemingly not growing at times. ;-) I think just when you start believing you are going crazy, it grows an inch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home