Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Little Bit of Sunshine

Well, after much swatching of laceweight yarn from handpaintedyarn.com, I finally settled on a lace scarf based on Barbara Walker's Sunray pattern. Here's a pic of the first few repeats, roughly pinned into shape. There's still lots of repeats to go, but it's a pretty quick and easy lace pattern, which thankfully translates into very little tinking.
I'm also breaking in my new Bryspun straight needles. I never though I would enjoy knitting with plastic needles, but these are the most comfortable needles I've ever used. They are flexible to reduce hand strain, warm to the touch, and have wonderfully tapered ends for digging into those stubborn stitches. My LYS doesn't carry Bryspun circs, so those are on my list to order. And since I feel weird placing an order for just needles, I'll have to decide on some new yarn, too. Darn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home