Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And a happy New Year it will be!!!

That is, once I complete all of my outstanding WIPs. I'm at that 'spinning around just staring at all of the unfinished projects' part of the knitting process. My New Year's resolution (at least one of them) is to move past the indecision phase to the actually knitting something phase. Funny, much more gets completed that way.

My current WIPs:

  1. Opera scarf from Blue Sky Alpacas (yes, I'm still working on it!)
  2. Felted Sophie bag (with my first attempt at felted Fair Isle trim, which I just know is going to turn into mush when I wash it)
  3. Cabled hat (which is waiting on the size 5 DPNs I still haven't bought - which merits a trip to the LYS during this weekend's sale!)
  4. Little Shells socks (sock #1 finished, #2 is halfway down the leg - I lost the 5th DPN and hate knitting with only 4 - this is good news - see above)
  5. Basic socks (in Sockotta yarn, which I didn't know I didn't like until I was a good portion of the way done with sock #1. Seems a shame now to rip out a perfectly good pair of socks. Anyone interested in partially finished socks, size 6?)
  6. Sunray lace scarf (I got a little burned out on lace knitting, so it's resting for the moment)

Which brings me current. My goal is to finish at least one of these projects before starting on the next big thing. Which is going to be.........my first sweater. I've narrowed down the pattern to Chickami or Soleil. Both look like doable patterns for a newbie sweater knitter. This will be my first attempt at knitting something where gauge actually matters. Which means this time next month I may still be trying to figure out which needle/yarn combination to use. Nonetheless, wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Um....could we see photos of your knitting?????

Good luck with Secret Pal!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger tocspaw said...

Sure, if I was doing any!! LOL I guess I could post pics of my WIPs (since hell might freeze before I get them finished)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home