Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Paint the (Scarf) Red

Today, I finished my second WIP of 2006 - a red scarf that's been languishing in my must-finish-someday pile. Sarah, my terrific pal from SP6, suggested the perfect home for it - the Orphan Foundation of America's Red Scarf Project. Red scarves knitted for the project will be included in care packages for college bound foster children, in an effort to to ensure that young people aging out of the foster care system are encouraged to succeed as adults. The project hopes that for young people without stable families, the scarves will send a powerful message of community, caring, and hope. I'm sure you've got red yarn in your stash. What better excuse do you need to spend a couple of hours turning it into something especially worthwhile?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home