Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chills

I told a friend recently about our decision to adopt from China. She emailed me today and posed this possibility:


If it takes about a year to adopt from China, and we're expecting a little girl around a year old, and we're starting the process right about now, did I realize that our daughter could be born any moment?

The very thought of it sent goosebumps up my arm. Somehow my friend's comment made things all the more real for me - Our daughter is really out there waiting for us. Hopefully, she's waiting more patiently than we are!!

To my knitting friends that were hoping I'd eventually post again about actually knitting a project or two, never fear - I'm going to start another blog just for adoption, which will link from this one - read on if you'd care to follow our adoption, or not if you don't. Knitting content will soon grace these posts once again.

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What a wonderful thought! I am so very happy for you! Maybe you could start a long-term project for her now? Like a really wonderful blankie.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Hey there - Heatherly (my SP4) just sent me your way... I was from AZ (just moved to GA 8/2005) did we ever meet (my name is alison - you can see my pic at http://couldbefun.blogspot.com)... anyway - we've had issued getting pregnant too - drugs, tests and the like... so I read a bit back on your blog and I wanted to wish you the best of luck adopting!!! We might be going down that path too so I'll be following closely!

Good luck!!!
alreillygator AT yahoo DOT com

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Heather said...

what a wonderful friend to knit your heart to your baby already. that is so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home