Friday, February 10, 2006

Fairy Dust

My Knitting Fairy from Knitty's SP6 can't possibly have known that I have a little thing for faeries when she chose her identity. I swoon over a beautifully drawn faery, and the one she included on her card is no exception. Better yet, attached to the card were these gorgeous handmade stitch markers in my some of my favorite colors!

But, the goodies don't stop there. Also in the box were not one, but two, skeins of Classic Elite Miracle yarn in Natural for dyeing. What luxury to have my first attempt at handpainting fiber be with this alpaca/tencel blend - it's so soft! My pal also sent a photo album for storing circulars (neat idea!), and chocolate. But not just any chocolate - she sent Hershey's kisses. Lots of Hershey's kisses. Almost 3 pounds worth. I plan on munching my way through them while watching the Olympics and knitting away on Chickami.
We all know where those 3 pounds of chocolate will ultimately wind up.

Last, but not least
(he'd whine if we forgot him for real), was a toy for Tocchet. The toy crinkles, and Toc went a little crazy as I was taking it off its wrapper. Toc likes plastic and aluminum foil (but surprisingly not paper), mostly because they crinkle. This from the cat who went running when we first adopted him at the slightest sound - he's come a long way. The second I tossed it to him, he went after it with abandon. Knitting Fairy, you clearly made Toc's day.

And while I'm at it, you made mine, too! Thank you so much for sprinking your generous, thoughtful fairy dust on my doorstep today!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great gift...yeah, we know where 3 lbs of kisses will end up...kissed onto your LOVE HANDLES and bum!

Enjoy.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a membership to Sam's Club you see,
As if I could pass up a pound of chocolate - or three!
Since it's all about spoiling you,
not just any yarn would do.
I doubt you'd pick that for yourself,
It probably would have stayed on the shelf!
Some help is on the way,
it will be there any day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home