Thursday, March 23, 2006

Secret Pal Blessings

I'm participating in a couple of different knitting exchanges, and through mere luck of the draw, I am thankfully blessed to have two of the best secret pals in the world. In mysterious synchronizing, I received a package from each of them last week only a day apart. And, both boxes were treasure troves of goodies more than worth bragging about!!!

Secret Pal 7

My SP7 pal is a spinner. I've been dying to learn how, so she sent me a homemade drop spindle and carded wool to play with, along with suggestions on how to get started. The box was also filled with other trinkets, pins and labels and fun note pads. Best of all, my pal created a handmade knitting journal, using scrapbooking techniques and pictures of my crazy kitty and FOs off my blog to customize the cover and inside just for me. What an incredible gift! (P.S. Loved the Pucca stickers!!)

Knitty SP6

In addition to a gorgeous set of beaded stitch markers, my Knitty SP6 pal sent me a yummy skein of merino yarn to try handpainting with. It's joint show-and-tell time when we're done, since this will be a first attempt for both of us at dyeing yarn. She also sent me a couple of books on adoption, one of which is The Lost Daughters of China. Although she worried about this part of the gift - she needn't have - the sentiment was, and is, very much appreciated. I've had my eye on this book for some time - I'm looking forward to reading it. Lastly, a grass head. Yes, I'll be growing my own little oasis in the desert on a head. It's progress will no doubt merit a post with pictures in the future.

It continually amazes me how generous the knitting community can be. Thanks to both of my pals for such wonderful, thoughtful gifts!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You got it!!! So glad you like it all. Your last box will be going out soon, but will not reach you before the end of March. I'm in a wedding next weekend and things are very busy here :o)

Hope youa re well!

X

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps I'll delay,
to see what is coming your way
I would not want to repeat
the various gifts and treats
I have a lot to gather
and then it's repeat the rinse and later!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit. "lather"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home