Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fated

Today was definitely Friday the 13th for me. Met my DH for breakfast downtown. Argued over where we should park. It went a little something like this...

Me - "No, don't park in the lot, there's a sign indicating 'Permit Only'."

DH - "The lot's mostly empty - I'm sure it will be fine."

Me - "We don't have a permit. It makes me nervous. Can we just park on the street?"

And so we park on the street. And when we come out, lo and behold, there's a parking ticket on the windshield. Evidently, after all the cautious contemplation of the dangers of the lot, we carelessly parked against a Buses Only curb. Sigh.

It's the first parking ticket (or any ticket for that matter) that I've ever gotten. The only sweet spot? Cars in the lot were ticketed, too.........wait for it..........for not having a permit.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Parking downtown sux!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Yes, there is justice. It would have been a slap in the face if those other cars hadn't been ticketed.

I once got a speeding ticket for doing 40 in a 30. I paid my $70 and three weeks later they changed the speed limit to 45!
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home