Friday, March 23, 2007

Delayed Gratification

My friends and family are the first ones to say it...I'm always late. It doesn't matter what time I get up in the morning, or how much time I allot to get ready, I'm still perpetually running behind. Not usually by a lot, but by enough to consistently not make it out the door on time.

So, I'm not surprised I'm late to the Clapotis party. Yes, two years after the pattern splashed itself all over the internet, I've finally decided to knit the ubiquitous wrap. I've been trying to talk myself into knitting Silvia Harding's Diamond Fantasy shawl, but with all that's been going on with the fire, I just can't wrap my head around knitting something I have to pay attention to. So, Clapotis it is.

I've got several hanks of Claudia Handpainted sock yarn in the Stormy Days colorway that I bought a while back (ahem, a long while). Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to be reincarnated into such a popular pattern (even if it's a bit tardy).

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of using stitch markers, you can purl the dropped stitch on the right side. Looks the same as the knit stitch when dropped.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well even though you may be consistently late, at least you get there. I haven't knit the clapotis; I just can't get off the ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home