Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fiber Addictions


I miss knitting. I miss the rhythmic feel of the yarn sliding through my fingers, stitch after stitch. What I don't miss is how incredibly long it takes me to finish a project. To satisfy my fiber addiction, and enable myself to finish a project once in a while, I've done a lot more weaving lately than knitting.

So, what have I been weaving over the last few months? Some of my projects have been Christmas goodies, so I can't show those for now. But, I did complete two projects I can reveal without ruining anyone's surprise...

I finished a set of lace tea towels:




I also wove a set of dishtowels for an annual dishtowel exchange held by http://www.homesteadweaver.com/. It was a lot of fun to exchange towels with weavers from all over the country. Here's a sampling of the towels I sent for the exchange - the colors were inspired by our trip this past summer to Tahiti:





Now that I'm looking at them - you can tell what color has drawn me in lately!! The project I'm working on now is black, grey and pink, so there is a departure from the colors of the sea in sight.

I've been such a bad blogger lately - keeping up with my adoption blog has kept me away from this one, but I'm going to try anew. There are a couple of projects in the Winter edition of Knitty that caught my eye. Hopefully, I'll be able to cast on as soon as I weave the last of my Christmas gifts off of my loom!

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I could weave!

They look great.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Hi!! Welcome back!! Those look absolutely beautiful! I have a secret desire to learn how to weave but with the high cost of looms, I'm just trying to ignore it! :-)

I sent you an email a few days back - I am so sorry for having completely kept out of touch - I have your friends door tiles - please let me know where to ship them.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Welcome back. An occasional post is fine when life gets in the way,
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home